The Colombian soccer player Sebastian Villa will go to trial in the case for sexual abuse which began from the complaint of a 27-year-old young woman for the events that occurred in June 2021 in a country in the Buenos Aires town of Canning.
Read also: Boca gave the list of concentrates for the match against Palmeiras with a surprise that excites the fans
The Chamber I of the Criminal Chamber of Lomas de Zamora rejected dismissal of the player and, based on the evidence collected in the investigation, determined that he must go to an oral and public trial.
The former Boca soccer player was already sentenced in June to two years and one month in prison for gender violence against his ex-partner, Daniela Cortes. Although this sentence can be released from prison, a new sentence would cause the Colombian to spend his days behind bars.
In this new trial, Sebastián Villa (26) is accused of the crime of “sexual abuse with carnal access” in prejudice of Rocío Tamara Doldan (27)which provides a sentence of 15 years in prison.
What is the case against Sebastián Villa
As stated in the document presented, the representative of the Public Prosecutor’s Office established that on the night of June 26, 2021 and the early morning of the 27th, Villa and Doldan, along with another group of people close to the footballer, were in a home in Country Venado II, located in the town of Canning, Esteban Echeverría district.
In that place, when both retired to the main room of the house, «at a time when they were both lying down, Villa began to insult Doldan, grabbing her by the hair and then slapping her in the face,» he said in the letter. .
For the prosecutor, Villa put the victim “in a state of helplessness, thus preventing it from leaving the place”, just as she wanted.
During the young woman’s testimony, that night the footballer had consumed “a lot of alcohol” and began to reproach her for suspecting that he liked them or that he had been with other players from the “xenieze” team.
After having a heated discussion, The young woman said that Villa locked her in a room, sexually abused her and tried to suffocate her.
The day after the incident, Villa himself and his entourage contacted the victim with the aim of meeting to offer him money in exchange for not filing the complaint.
The evidence against Sebastián Villa
An audio and a video were incorporated into the case where the Boca player is heard talking to her about a “deal”, supposedly alluding to her not denouncing him in exchange for a sum of money.
“We supposedly closed. We made a deal, right? You are a woman of your word, right? “I am a man of my word,” Villa is heard saying to Doldán in the video.
That 53-second video emerged from a film made secretly by Doldán, during a talk he had with Villa in a restaurant in the Buenos Aires neighborhood of Puerto Madero.
According to witness statements, a friend of Villa managed to give five thousand dollars to Doldán.
“I’m not like that, you know I love you very much. Let’s see each other and talk please,” the footballer begged in an audio sent via WhatsApp prior to the match.
While, Villa denied the incident in his investigative statement in front of the prosecutor, carried out on June 30 of last year.
“I have never committed the act that you read to me, I am a calm person, I would never abuse a woman, because I come from a woman,” the Colombian explained at the time.
For her part, prosecutor González had once requested Villa’s arrest, but Judge Maffucci Moore rejected the request.
Where does Sebastián Villa play today?
After the conviction in the case of gender violence against his ex-partner Daniela Cortés, Boca reported that it would no longer take Sebastián Villa into account in its professional team.
The 27-year-old attacker He has a current contract with Boca until December 31, 2024but he will not play for Xeneize again.
In August, the Colombian had reached a verbal agreement to join Kasimpasa of Turkey and had even already trained with the team, but the signing ultimately did not prosper. If an agreement had been signed, Boca would have initiated legal action before FIFA.